Leaf Collection will begin Monday, Oct 16th, 2023
Our Public Works Department collects leaves annually from October through November. If necessary, this will be extended to the first week in December. This time frame is limited because snow plows must be placed on our equipment to prepare for snow removal. There is no schedule for leaf collection. Due to weather and scheduling conflicts, it is impossible to maintain a set schedule for leaf pickup.
For questions regarding leaf collection, please contact the Director of Public Works, Rick Holtzman, at 610-799-3411.
All residents in the Township should place their leaves along the edge of the road, not on the road. With the increasing number of maturing trees each year in various areas of the Township, it is impossible to guarantee a specific pick-up day for any one location. If leaves are not in place when the crew goes by, they will be picked up on the next rotation. The crews will not make special trips back to an area until that section is completed and the route is started over. This schedule is subject to inclement weather, mechanical breakdown, and Township emergencies requiring the Public Works personnel and equipment. Your area could be skipped at any time should these situations occur.
- If your car is parked on the street: during leaf pick up season, it could get pieces broken up leaves blown on them. The machine is like a vacuum and needs to emit air out of the back. Cars parked on the street are kept there at their own risk.
- To facilitate the picking up of the leaves please keep all vehicles away from the area where the leaves are piled. The crews will not rake piles of leaves out from between parked cars or from under them.
- Do not place pieces of wood, steel, rocks or concrete on the leaves to hold them down. These objects will cause extensive damage to the leaf pickup units and put them out of service at a great expense of time and money to the Township and its citizens.
- For proper pick up it is necessary to dump the contents of plastic bags or other containers into the gutter area. Crews will not empty bags or other containers; this is the responsibility of the resident. Branches, shrubbery, garbage, and building materials will not be picked up. These items will be left behind and it will be the responsibility of the resident for removal and disposal.
- Do not have any twigs, branches, garbage, stumps, logs, grass, garden residue, or ground roots in your pile. Your pile will not be picked up if it contains anything other than leaves.